Digital Campaigns & Fundraising Officer
The Digital Campaigns & Fundraising Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing a supporter journey for our new fundraising strategy. This will include harnessing public communications and media, cultivating audiences on social media channels, drawing attention to our work, and motivating audiences to engage in our campaigns and to support PI.
Working hours: Full time
Salary: £36,000 pa
Other: 26 days annual leave, generous workplace pension, we can offer a modest relocation fund
The Digital Campaigns & Fundraising Officer will:
- guide colleagues on audience-centred communications that focus on various stages of the supporter journey
- create interesting content for our supporter communications which will involve showcasing our Case for Support, appeals and engagement opportunities
- develop and deploy a membership scheme, including providing member support
- help communicate with our followers how we protect their data
- optimise income generation from public donations and develop an ongoing commitment from supporters.
About our work: We are a London-based charity working on a set of pressing issues under our strategic plan. Our public fundraising operations are at a nascent stage. With the Executive Director, the Resources Director, and the Public Action Team, you will explore new ways for PI to engage audiences for greater reach. We want people to be informed and want to take the journey with us to achieve concrete changes in the world.
We want to do all of this without exploiting our supporters’ data. Our approach and our tools place a priority on being privacy-protective and secure. Our digital tools, including website and public engagement platform, must maintain the trust of our supporters by limiting data collection and sharing, and by giving people control over their data.
About you: You are curious about the state and direction of the world. You want to shape an organisation that is always growing and learning and contribute to its strengthening. You want to work across a variety of projects and utilise different skills-sets. You are creative, interested in experimenting to find new ways of reaching people and motivating them to support our work.
With us, you want to rewrite the textbook on how to do public engagement in global and changing communications environments, that doesn’t rely on the market-standard of profiling people and exploiting their data.
About PI: Everyone at PI works to build a good and resilient organisation, where we are always looking to learn and grow. We lead by example to make the most of our opportunities to shape the future. We work with others, including our network of partners across the world, to understand, engage and build a movement. We use creative approaches to deliver our work and share what we learn.
- Proven experience of creating and delivering successful programmes and campaigns to improve supporter journeys, using traditional and digital techniques.
- Proven experience in engaging with supporters to show how we value them, will respect them, and will protect their interests and data, including in accordance with laws.
- Experience of using digital communications for supporter acquisition to build an online community and income generation.
- Experience in using Customer Relationship Management tools to create communications for diverse audiences.
- Strong communication skills to speak confidently and in a friendly manner to our supporters and let your passion for our cause shine through in your communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills that can be applied to communicating and engaging with colleagues and external audiences from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Able to identify and establish good practices and communicate them effectively.
- Ability to manage projects and campaigns, work in teams, and incorporate lessons into future planning.
- Experience of fundraising for an international not-for-profit.
- Knowledge of creative design software.
- Knowledge of video editing and other modes of communication.
- Knowledge of global social media, dynamics, and emerging trends.
- A second language will be considered an advantage.
- Experienced in fundraising in practice; including various individual giving methods, payment processors, Gift Aid.
To apply, please send:
- a CV (not more than two pages)
- a covering letter (not more than two pages)
The closing date for applications is 26 September 2020, 23:59 BST.
Please send the requested material in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the post you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Only complete applications will be considered.
The candidates who we choose to interview will be contacted by the end of the day on 30 September 2020. Interviews will take place via a video conference on 05 and 06 October 2020 – please reserve these days for a possible interview.
We may conduct a second round of interviews, which will be decided only after the first round of interviews takes place. If necessary, the second round of interviews would be held during the week commencing 12 October 2020.
For information about how Privacy International will use your data during recruitment please see Privacy International’s website.