A National Vaccination Plan with a focus on human rights
Dejusticia, Colombia-based research and advocacy organisation, delivered a series of recommendations to the Ministry of Health and Social Protection to be taken into account when issuing the next decree on vaccination against Covid-19.
Their recommendations include:
- Adding the principle of non-discrimination to the plan to be proposed;
- Requesting that the population deprived of liberty be vaccinated sooner than proposed to ensure they are detained in decent conditions;
- Ensuring the inclusion of persons which might not be identified as they are not found in the General Social Security System for Health
- Ensuring the Ministry of Health remains the only body to make decisions about the acquisition of the vaccine on the international market; and
- Regulating the distribution and commercialisation of the vaccine by private actors.
See more examples