PI exists to protect people’s privacy, dignity and freedoms from abuses of companies and governments.
We build a world where technology empower and enable us and not exploit our data for profit or control, where people understand and control how their data is used.
Through our work we build a better future where:
- Companies protect privacy by design, not exploit people and their data.
- Technologies, laws, and policies contain modern safeguards to protect people from exploitation.
- Governments uphold and extend the rule of law, to protect human rights as technology changes.
- People and communities can protect their data and rights, resist and object to exploitation by governments and industry.
- A global movement, empowered people and groups across the world holding the powerful to account.
- There is a universal rights framework that protects people everywhere.